Vertigo - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo.
What treatments were effective in your case of vertigo?

I'm 44 and I was just diagnosed with vertigo. I had my first episode in the spring for few days. I didn't know what it was, but it went away after couple of days. In early September, it came back. My symptoms are different. The room doesn't spin, but I feel the spinning and pressure dropping in my head..

It seems that meclizine (Antivert) helps to keep it from starting but once it hits, it is of no benefit. Maintaining hydration seems to help too since my episodes have begun when I was dehydrated. I wouldn't wish this on anyone..