Vertigo - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo.
What treatments were effective in your case of vertigo?

I swim a lot in YMCA pool and suspect I got vertigo from inner ear infection by not ever cleaning my ear plugs over the years. I finished swimming recently, bent over to pick up my gear from the deck, and everything started spinning. I had nothing to grab onto to stabilize myself, and the spinning motion twirled me around, I lost my balance and it threw me down. Hospital emergency diagnosed me with positional vertigo and put me on meclizine and rest. I am spending a lot of time on Google to better understand my condition (crystals in ear canal, etc.) and pick up on self-help remedies. Possibly I have labyrinthitis, so am trying neomycin ear drops, and am trying different maneuvers (Semont, Epley, and Foster). If I don't feel better after a week of self-care, then I'll go to my primary care doctor for further diagnosis. But seem to be improving after just two days now..

Published: June 18

I am also suffering from vertigo, only thing that helps is lying down on bed on my stomach with head turned to the right side, and sleeping on soft pillow in this position..