Insect Bites - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Insect Bites.
Please describe your experience with insect bites.

Published: April 07

My daughter has insect bite marks. She only gets bit on one section of bed. Last night, her sister got bit. I have done everything. I can’t figure out why only my girls get bit. I have 9 month old also, and no bites. Neither myself nor partner get bit either..

Published: March 04

I am a retired army officer and I had gone to for a holiday with my wife and a few friends in February 2011. I noticed a big reddish scar on the left side of my stomach after we got back. The doctor had to do a minor surgery to remove the pus which had formed and gave me antibiotics to heal the wound. It did heal but left a scar about 2 inches long. Five years later, these days, I am getting cramps and pain in the left side of my stomach. An ultrasound and CT scan have revealed nothing serious. I feel that this insect bite has somehow revived and is causing me this agony..