Earache - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Earache.
Please describe your experience with earache.

I have had a dull earache off and on for at least a year. The doctor never sees anything and says I have no ear wax, but I have never had much earwax. Sometimes my ears feel slightly plugged, and I have ringing in my ears most days. Some days the ringing is more noticeable than others. I have no toothaches (have heard tooth problems can cause ear pain)..

I woke up at three in the morning and my inner ear in my left ear really hurt. I took some ibuprofen and I'm just waiting it out. I leave for Istanbul in one day and I don't want this to be an infection. .