Herpes Simplex Infections - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cold Sores.
Please describe your experience with herpes simplex infections (cold sores, non-genital).

I lay out in the sun, got a huge blister on bottom lip, which then continued into cold sore. I was trying many remedies for herpes simplex infection that just did not work. My problem is that you could never keep the cold sore dry; it was always sticky and would never ever heal! Well good news is my new found remedy. Get some tissue, wet it and put a little antibacterial soap on it and gently rub it on the sore, get all the gummy stickiness off of it, then rinse well with warm water. Pat dry gently until very dry. Now here we go. Get Coppertone Water babies waterproof sunscreen and put a thin coat on and let dry. Then add a second coat generously and let dry. Put on the sun screen and pat it with a tissue 3 times a day. By the end of the day your cold sore will feel better, look better and be almost all gone. No Kidding! It is that you need to keep it dry and waterproof sunscreen does that for you! I don’t know about anyone else but cold Sores are so embarrassing. I am so glad I used my noggin on this one!.

I'm surprised I haven't seen this yet. L-lysine is the miracle vitamin! I have had cold sores since I hit puberty in my teens. I don't know how or where I got them from, but it definitely wasn’t transmitted sexually. I think somebody may have kissed me as a little boy or I must have drunk something after somebody, who knows! Anyway, I've tried everything for herpes simplex infection. Abreva only takes you so far. It doesn't prevent cold sores, it just helps them heal quicker. Plus, it is expensive for that little tube! I'm here to tell you that you need to go to the store and purchase a bottle of L-lysine! I take one pill every morning. I have not had a single cold sore in the 4 years I have taken lysine! I used to get them at least twice a year! I could not rave more about this vitamin. Like all of you, I've been embarrassed and even ridiculed for cold sores. I have hidden myself away and have missed special events because of herpes. I feel like L-lysine has helped give me that part of my life back. Do yourself a favor and go get a bottle..