Toothache - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Toothache.
How did you cope with your toothache?

After you brush your teeth, rinse with warm water. Sip a small amount of peroxide, and let it set on your tongue until it starts to fizz. Slowly rinse one side, and then rinse the other side. It hurts a little at first, but the pain eased off. Keep repeating this until the pain is gone. Believe it or not, it worked for my toothache..

I have to wait 6 days till my appointment at a dentist, and the pain is unbearable, so far I've tried Paracetamol, helps, but briefly. Also, Morphine to various degrees does help a lot, small doses of Morphine sulfate every 4 hours will allow at least 15 minutes to1 hour of numbness, yet the effects of this drug wear off quite fast (this is helpful when trying to sleep, although morphine has some dopey side effects). Alcohol helped, although that I won’t recommend. Exposing the tooth to warm and cold water provided very brief pain relief, although even more pain afterwards, especially after warmed salt water. .