Bartholin Cyst - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bartholin Cyst.
Please describe your experience with Bartholin cyst.

Published: December 09

I had a Bartholin's abscess drained 3 weeks ago. It was very painful before the surgery but I felt the relief immediately after. I regret not getting it done as soon as the pain started because within a few days it was so difficult and painful to even walk. After the surgery I had a lot of pain in my legs, buttocks and back. The doc informed me that it was just because the cyst was so big she had to cut deep. I am glad to say that i feel just fine now. I am still scared of a recurrence so I am very particular about hygiene (more than before) and I do a Sitz bath often...just to make sure..

Published: December 03

I just had my first Bartholin Cyst drained by GYN doctor after suffering with severe pain for three days. It was an enormous relief. I have no more pain and so far haven't needed any pain meds. I also received antibiotics to be taken until gone..