Bartholin Cyst - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bartholin Cyst.
Please describe your experience with Bartholin cyst.

I have had a Bartholin cyst 4 or 5 times now and this time was the worst. I used witch hazel astringent soaked on a large cotton ball kept on the cyst overnight, and applied pressure to the cyst several times a day. The cyst popped in a couple of days and started draining. This is what I will do whenever I get these cysts..

I have had a Bartholin cyst twice now and the first time was ridiculously painful and I couldn't move for 3 days and it was the size of a lemon. When it happened the second time it didn't hurt at all but I just didn't want it there so I took matters into my own hands. I got a fresh cloth and soaked the cloth in hot salt water for about 5 minutes then applied it to the cyst for about 20 minutes making sure the cloth was still wet and warm. When I stopped doing this after a few minutes the cyst started to sting a little and tingle. Within an hour or so it burst and I didn't even feel it. I just drained the fluid out until blood came and it's gone. I'm still going to talk to my doctor about getting it removed for good..