Cauda Equina Syndrome - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cauda Equina Syndrome.
What were the symptoms of your Cauda Equina syndrome?

I am almost 54 years of age. A gunshot to the back caused my CES. It happened at age 28. I did not have surgery. The doctors said the damage is already done. Now I have bowel and bladder problems. I also have loss of feeling in my genital area. My lower left leg is smaller than my right leg and I have loss of feeling in my but area. However life goes on, so I make do with what I have been dealt. .