Fire Coral Cuts and Stings - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Scuba Diving: Fire Coral Cuts.
What were the symptoms of your fire coral cuts and stings?

I was diving with a shorty dive suit and was just careless while taking pictures. My thigh touched one of the fire corals. It burns instantly like touching a hot iron. It continued to burn the entire dive and most of the day. It was tolerable. I didn't do anything for it but continued to keep diving the rest of the day. By the next day it was ok but left red welts for several days after. No real biggie. The entire burn area was about two inches around..

Published: April 16

I was stung by fire coral in Bonaire snorkeling. I applied vinegar immediately. It was very painful for about 8 hours, then just tender to the touch. Itching started after about 48 hours and swollen lymph nodes in my groin (sting was on back of thigh) started after 4 days..