Abdominal Pain in Children - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Abdominal Pain in Children.
What were the symptoms of your children abdominal pain?

Published: March 15

My daughter has had recurring stomach aches for years. For the most part they occur when she is stressed out during the school week. Today she is having terrible intestinal pain that has left her crying on the couch for 2 hours. Nothing is working and we will probably end up in urgent care. Many of my nieces (age 11 to 16) had the same recurring stomach pain. Doctors assumed it was constipation or stress. They stopped dairy/wheat, added fiber, etc. All three eventually had to have their appendix out. No more stomach problems!.

Published: March 08

My 9 year old has occasional stomach aches with bouts of diarrhea. I wonder if this could be stress related as he has no fever, vomiting, or recent sickness..