Corneal Ulcer - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Corneal Ulcer.
Please describe your experience with corneal ulcer.

My brother started having eye pain a month now, he went to the hospital and doctor gave him steroid drops. After 2 weeks, the pain is now strong, my brother went back to the hospital and asked the doctor to give him transfer to the eye clinic. On getting there, they told us that it is corneal ulcer caused by the steroid. Now there is white part that has already formed scar and he cannot eve see anything now except light. But 2 weeks ago he could see shadow but now he cannot see anything. In that eye clinic they have given him medicines (Augmentin, Diamox, aceclofenac, Flagyl, timolol drops, ofloxacin drops) presently..

Published: April 14

Recently I got hit in the eye by a rock while weeding without safety glasses. Now I have an ulcer on eye. I am using antibiotics and seeing doctor every day. Eye has been closed for a week, and I am trying to open some but doctor says that it's swollen and really infected..