Leukemia - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leukemia.
For leukemia, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

I have a brother who had leukemia 3-4 years back. He was then back to work for few months. They have asked him to leave. He never was sick before until this sickness. This guy was the most punctual man on his job. He worked there for more than 10 years. What I am saying is how Leukemia is so bad. It makes a healthiest human body the sickest. When my brother talks, I can see, he also tries to pronounce right. His speech has changed as well. He is very depressed. He has no jobs n no much income. There is no consideration from the US Govt where he worked. No financial help for all those years of service!!! This depression might cause again the cancer. This is what I am worried about..

Published: December 03

My 53 yr old husband was very ill with a bad cold in Feb and had a blood test done during a physical and it came back that he had leukemia. He was tired but we thought it was from the bad cold he couldn’t shake. He seems fine now, only a pain in his left shoulder/back. Nothing makes it go away to let him sleep. He just had a blood test done this morn, 3 month test and it came back a little elevated. Still under 25. So it’s very hard not to cry or wonder what life has in store for us at his age with this happening to him. He has worked in the trucking industry since college, just wondering if anyone else in that field has been diagnosed and if it could be related to working in oil and products connected to the that kind of trade. Mechanics, maintenance of fleets..