Hip Pain - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hip Pain.
Please describe your experience with hip pain.

I have pain in my low back extending around the outside of my right hip to my groin area and near my sit down bones which seems to radiate down the outside edge of my upper thigh almost to my knee. Laying down on my back or the right side is impossible. Slight movements of the right hip or attempting to put weight on that leg creates pain. I have undergone ischial tuberosity injection, sacroiliac (SI) injection, 2 hip joint injections, epidural, and hip arthroscopy, all of which have failed to resolve the non-stop pain. Just waiting to see the next hip specialist..

I took a hard fall on the left side of my body on cement. Although I have severe osteoporosis, I did not break my hip. It has now been six weeks since the fall. I am trying to walk to strengthen myself. Every time I walk for more than a half mile, I re-injure myself. I am unable to walk without holding onto furniture. I'm wondering if I need an MRI or if healing will just take more time..