Leg Pain - Prognosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leg Pain.
What is your leg pain prognosis?

I have a stabbing pain just below the hip sometimes get worse at night in bed, also gets numb and I have to turn on my side to sleep. I am quite active, I run nearly every day, when I stop and sit, I can feel it like an aching feeling..

Many years ago I hurt my leg. I fell into a pit and on my falling I scraped my leg on the cement wall. It was scraped and bruised very badly. The x-rays didn't show any broken bones but there was bad deep bruising. I wonder after all these years if the nerves are what is causing the severe pain constantly. Nothing is helping to take away this pain. When I try to put my shoes or socks on I cannot put any pressure on this leg..