Leg Pain - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leg Pain.
Please describe your experience with leg pain.

My legs hurt so badly. Nothing helps much. Heat helps some. It is like leg cramps that wont let up!.

From the time I was 5 to now at 65, I've had leg pains. I rode a bicycle a lot which really helped build my muscles and cardiovascular systems up which helped a lot with my leg pain. About ten years ago, I was told by one sleep doctor that I have severe RLS (restless leg syndrome). Another doctor told me that the results of a sleep clinic sleepover "didn't indicate" that I had RLS, which really confuses me. I have all the symptoms of RLS (legs are never still). Every day my legs feel like they're tighter than banjo strings and most days I cannot keep my legs still for very long. I am now a type 1 diabetic because I had to stop taking Glucophage (Metformin), Januvia, and Glipizide because they set off my IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). I think that until I get my diabetes under control that my leg pain will persist..