Leg Pain - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leg Pain.
Please describe your experience with leg pain.

Published: June 28

I first had a swollen ankle. The feeling was like I sprained it. I thought on my activities and the only thing I could think of was, I cleaned the house and I sometimes use my foot to clean the floor. It was painful for about 3 weeks and I was not able to walk normal, but with a limp. I noticed that when I was massaging the foot, the ankle is not where the pain is but on the shin. Now, I'm recently getting a shooting pain on the right side of my leg. It happens quickly and goes away quickly also but it occurs maybe 5 times a day..

Published: June 03

My legs feel fine when sitting or lying down. However, when I stand or walk I get a terrible sort of muscular type pain in my thighs. It used to be only in my left thigh, but it is now also in my right thigh. My medications (Tylenol, Aleve, Advil, Excedrin, etc.) help. I am now going to try some herbals. I have been to a series of doctors, none seem to know the cause. At this point, I am having extreme difficulty walking. Very frustrating!.