Leg Pain - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leg Pain.
Please describe your experience with leg pain.

I have had injections for pain in the legs initiating from damage to vertebrae, after some years. I now get severe pain in the left groin which is there all the time causing me disturbed sleep, numbness and tingling. I also have type 2 diabetes but this is under control, but I am worried that I have peripheral neuropathy..

Published: December 21

I fell on ice five years ago, backwards. Symptoms were diplopia, partial paralysis in optic cranial nerves, back strain, sprain post-concussion syndrome, and increased migraine. I never had chronic back pain prior to injury. I started getting lumbar pain, severe shooting pain. MRI showed slight bulge of disc at L5/S1. Pain usually starts while sitting or lying sown in bed, and only relief is opioids. I was told this is from aging, again asymptomatic prior in accident. Standing is the only position that does not cause pain. I have lower back tenderness always. Pain starts in or around hip area, shoots down the legs, stops about mid-calf, lateral and central, and 4th and 5th toes have some pain on occasion. I had the accident when I was of age 50. I'm thinking it is sciatica..