Knee Pain - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Knee Pain.
Please describe your experience with knee pain.

About a month ago I went on a 3 day trip, on the last day I noticed when I would get out of the van the back of my right knee was painful. I thought it was just from sitting so much. This went on for a week or so, getting worse then better. Now the pain is in the front of the right knee to the inside of the knee cap area. Every time I step and put weight on that leg my knee hurts. The only injury that I can remember was about 9 months ago when I twisted my right ankle and fell to that side. I still have swelling in the right ankle resulting from that fall..

I have the knee problem for the last two years. Eminent rheumatologists and orthopedic surgeons in have been consulted. They prescribed pain killer and analgesic but no relief has been found till now. Even weight has been reduced but no relief from pain has been found..