Crohn's Disease - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Crohn's Disease.
Please describe your experience with Crohn's disease.

I have had Crohn's disease since 1988, being diagnosed after a surgery with 10 inches of bowel taken with the ilium. I would have two attacks a year, spring and fall. In November of 2000 I had another surgery with 6 inches of bowel removed because of a stricture. In 2007 I had a coincidental x-ray taken and they thought I had lung cancer, and doing many tests and a surgery to take a lump from my lung found the Crohn’s had worked its way up to my lungs. Currently, now after having a bout with pneumonia and many lesions on my lungs I am having trouble breathing. It took the reserve that I had. I am currently on Humira for the past 5 years, which seemed to help. I am trying to see if I am a candidate for a lung transplant..