Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
The symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

Published: March 17

I was diagnosed with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) from CAT scan but am not out of breath. Heavy cough with wheezing for the last several months is the only symptom..

Published: March 09

I think last year November I started coughing, and since then I've still been coughing; and I'm 20 years of age. I was told to do an x-ray which I did and the doctor said it was chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). I checked online and saw that it doesn't happen to young people, I'm really confused here. I was given some drugs by the doctor which did not seem to work and I've not gone back since then though. I know I've smoked before though I just do it for fun and I'm not an addict, and its once a while. I wonder if the doctor is right about it being COPD..