Psoriasis - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Psoriasis.
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your psoriasis?

I just got guttate psoriasis for the first time three months ago from getting strep throat. It took four doctors to figure out what I had. Everyone else thought it was an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin they gave me. I still have it. I read about the light therapy, but the doctor said for me not to go to the tanning salon because it's not good for me. I realize the risk, but I would rather take the risk than be itching from head to toe with this horrible thing!.

I was diagnosed with psoriasis after being put on lithium for manic depression. I use Dovonex ointment, Advantim creams and antifungal creams. Have used coal tar creams, soaps and solutions in the past to no avail. I find a swim in salt water daily in summer and a bit of sun and regular exercise plus water all help the skin. Must keep skin moisturized and have found sorbelene with glycerine & Vit E to be a good basic cream. .