Cyanide Poisoning - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cyanide Poisoning.
What were the symptoms of cyanide poisoning you or someone you know?

I am an 84 year old male in relatively good health but suspected of prostate cancer. I tried bitter apricot seeds as preventive treatment. I chewed 4 seeds after dinner around 10 pm and retired at midnight. At 3 am I was startled awake with headache, abdominal pain, and acute nausea. Taste of bitter almonds was present in my mouth for a week after. I upchucked twice in an hour what appeared to be remains of the apricot seeds. My body was rejecting the seeds. I was unable to go back to sleep and spent the day in pain with headache, nausea and no appetite. I was unable to sleep next night, got dressed at 5 am and took cab to the emergency room where they ran a CT scan. They found a mass in my lower stomach, and I was told and they wanted to biopsy for cancer. I told them I had food poisoning, not cancer; cyanide in apricot seeds. They focused on cancer. For 3 days and nights I writhed in hospital bed with pain, nausea, headache, unable to sleep or eat. Sipping a little water was best I could do. They put me on a drip saline solution and pain reliever. By the time four days had elapsed, the pain had mostly subsided, and I could tell I was getting back to normal; that night they released me with no diagnosis but instructions to check in with primary care for outpatient follow up. I think I will never eat bitter apricot seeds again!.

Published: June 19

My antidepressant drugs were switched to cyanide pills without me knowing that they were switched. I was taken to the Emergency Room unconscious..