High Blood Pressure - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about High Blood Pressure.
Please describe your experience with high blood pressure.

Published: April 29

I have type 2 diabetes since 2000. My latest A1c was 7.0. I don't have high blood pressure (BP) since I could remember. However, lately I used my BP monitor at home (Intellisense) and it reads 143/95. I rest for a few minutes and take it again, it reads 181/83. I'm getting confused if I have high blood pressure. I'll see my primary care physician on May 11 (2 weeks from now). I'll mention this to him and also bring my BP machine with me so they can take a look at it (maybe calibrate it). I exercise, watch my diet, walk, do gardening, and take my metformin twice a day with meals. It worries me..

Published: June 17

I found out that I had high blood pressure in 2011. Now, I take medicine for it. Sometimes I feel tired and I get headaches, but that’s it, really. Other than that, I feel great. I take my medication every day..