Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children).
What treatment has been effective for your ADHD?

I found out I have ADHD last year at age 29. History of my education shows that it is not because of my IQ, but I simply have no control of my attention span when in school. My test results showed that I do not have problem with others, but only have problems because of my attention rate. Since college, I have a hard time to control my mood swings. I compete with people who have looked down on me and most of the time I proved them wrong, but in the long run, the more I push myself harder the more I became self-destructive. After taking Ritalin, I got better at the beginning for about a month. The drug can only get me on my high brain wave control for a short time. My ability to multitask was worn out bits by bit. I do hope there will be more attention on our issues. Please put more effort on the research. .