CT Scan - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about CT Scan (CAT Scan, Computerized Axial Tomography).
Please describe your experience with CT Scan.

Published: March 31

When I had my CT scan for my abdomen I had an anaphylactic attack and got the attention of the radiologist. I had welts, my nose was stuffed and I started to have a cough and had to have a cortisone injection. I never have been so scared in my whole life. So when I had to have an MRI for the brain and they asked me to have a contrast I was so scared that I refused to and I was already under MRI for 1 1/2 hours as they were also doing the spine. I asked them if there could be another attack and they said unlikely but I have read that you could have an anaphylaxis attack even for MRI IV. I know one is iodine and the other is water base but after the CT it just scared the heck out of me. I asked if I could be given an injection or antihistamine before the procedure and they said no. I have asthma and really bad allergies, so that should have been an indicator in itself..

Published: April 17

I recently had a CAT scan of my abdomen and I was told I was going to have an ultra sound scan of my lymph nodes because there could be a problem with them. When I went for the ultra sound they scanned the lymph nodes in my neck and not my abdomen which had been CAT scanned..