Head Lice - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lice.
What were the symptoms of your head lice?

I have been battling an infestation of head lice for over a month now. The first symptoms that drew my attention was an itchy rash on my wrist. While this is not 'prime lice real estate' it made me aware that that is where my son sometimes rests his head. I checked his head, and yes, he had them. He did not have any symptoms, but apparently I experience contact dermatitis from this condition. I cut both our hair very short and washed everything, but they are still around. I see the feces around my bathroom sink, and now has escalated to the point of depression (which brings me to write of this here). My skin is now really sensitive, as is my patience, itchy. I am fatigued, emotionally drained, and I may be having anxiety attacks. I feel traumatized because now I don't even want to go outside. I had no idea that an experience of this nature would have so many adverse effects on my life. I went to a clinic, and the doctor asked if I had mental health issues. If I didn't then, I guess I do now. I am now depressed by having these bugs dominating my time and attention. It has been more than 2 months and we are still dealing with this condition..