Low Potassium - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Low Potassium (Hypokalemia).
What were the symptoms of your low potassium (hypokalemia)?

I have not seen mention of water levels in the body. My feet and legs kept swelling and holding water. I was even having trouble breathing. I am chronically low on Potassium. The symptoms usually start with nausea, diarrhea and mind problems. Mine was a 2.2 the last time. I wound up in the hospital several times. I need to be on regular treatment due to my diet. .

I went for blood work for my four-month follow up visit from my PCP. A few hours after the blood work, the doctor called me to say that I had 'dangerously low' potassium levels and that I should go to the Emergency Room to get an IV of potassium. Nine hours later and 2 bags of IV potassium, I was finally a 3.2. .