Low Potassium - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Low Potassium (Hypokalemia).
What were the symptoms of your low potassium (hypokalemia)?

Published: June 03

I never experienced problems with low potassium. Actually my potassium level was always at 4. One morning I woke up with severe stomach cramps, nauseated and sweating profusely. I did not get any better and my husband rushed me to the ER. By this time I could hardly get out of bed and when I did I passed out. I was very lethargic and not a clue what was going on around me. The ER doctor informed me that my potassium to a dangerous level 2.4. Finally by March 2014 my potassium was back to 4. Just now I found out my potassium is dropping again is at 3.3. Of course I am again under treatment, but I have not a clue what is causing my problem..

Starting with my hands, it went to my arms, chest, legs and then feet: All were tingly and started going numb. My heart was beating so hard and fast. My speech was slurred and my face was starting to feel numb and tingly. I was taken to the ER and by that time I couldn't lift my arms or legs. I couldn't smile or make any facial movements. My speech was very difficult for me. Bottom line, the CT & MRI showed no sign of stroke and blood work showed dangerously low potassium..