Low Potassium - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Low Potassium (Hypokalemia).
What were the symptoms of your low potassium (hypokalemia)?

Published: June 24

I am weak with explosive diarrhea due to ulcerative colitis, which has caused hypokalemia. My tongue has been tingling and I have a horrible metallic taste in my mouth. My muscles in my legs have also been twitching..

Published: June 01

My sister began having cramps in her fingers, rapid heart rate, breathlessness, slurred speech, and vomiting. She has been hospitalized three times now with potassium levels below 3. Due to the vomiting she has had to take potassium intravenously. Still potassium levels are low. Vomiting has stopped after third hospitalization but no reason offered for continued low potassium levels. She also has low magnesium, and low chloride levels. One doctor has attributed her present problems to the removal of one thyroid over 20 years ago. In addition to that she has huge ulcers on both sides her two legs. My concern is the apparent leaching of potassium from her body. No possible reasons given for the ulcers which had healed but reopened when she became ill recently..