Pleurisy - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pleurisy.
What were the symptoms of your pleurisy?

I woke up this morning around 5.30 am and about 45 minutes later, I suddenly had a sharp stabbing pain on my left chest area. I thought I was having a heart attack as the pain was unreal. I was relieved that it turned out to be pleurisy, rather than a heart attack, but the pain is almost intolerable..

Published: March 24

My first symptom of pleurisy was a burning pain in my left shoulder and, at the same time, a severe pain down the left side of my chest. I felt a slight inability to breathe deeply, but not severe. When I finally felt that this might be a heart attack and went to the doctor (after 2 days) I was told that I had a severe case of pneumonia and pleurisy. I was not hospitalized, but treated at home with an antibiotic, the generic for Levaquin, pain medication, liquids and a lot of rest. I am still recovering as I write this..