Bacterial Pneumonia - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bacterial Pneumonia.
What were the symptoms of your bacterial pneumonia?

Published: April 19

I started feeling tired, had loss of appetite, shivers, then burning hot fever of 102 degrees for 3 days. I started wheezing when inhaling; this startled me as I have never had anything like this before. I drove to the doctor feeling like I was dying, she came into the room and said I look very sick. I told her my symptoms, she listened to my lungs with stethoscope, and said I have bacterial pneumonia. No wonder I was sick I said, and she gave me antibiotics which really helped me, and an inhaler. I started feeling better, but now I have shortness of breath and feel very tired all the time; not much appetite yet..

Published: December 18

Don't let a chronic cough, even with no other symptoms fool you. I had a cough and would get a couple of tired spells during the day. I chalked it up to GERD and had an appointment made with my gastroenterologist weeks away. Then it got to where I couldn't go 100 feet without having to sit and catch my breath. Any exertion put me in a tail spin. I ended up going to the emergency room and was diagnosed with double pneumonia and was sent home with Levaquin (7 days, 750 mg). I thought I'd be much better in 2 or 3 days but I didn't really feel anything significant for 5 days. Pneumonia is very serious. It can take your life if it gets out of hand..