Pulmonary Embolism - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pulmonary Embolism.
Please describe your experience with pulmonary embolism.

I had 2 deep vein thromboses in my left calf 7 years ago. I did the Lovenox shots for a month then Coumadin for a year. On May 14, 2015 I felt like I had pulled a muscle in my left pectoral. I then had headaches, body soreness, and really tough workouts. Energy zapped, and blood pressure 175/159 sent me to the emergency room. I had pulmonary embolism in both lungs, and a 6 mm nodule. Treatment was Lovenox shots till blood thinned, and now I am on 3 mg of Coumadin forever. I feel good most of the time, but I get down physically and emotionally from time to time. I am a 63 year old gym rat and jeweler..

At age 77 I had a pulmonary embolism (PE) while resting in my recliner. I was fairly active walking my large dog 2 times a day, and had not traveled in over 2 years. Hospital stay was 3 days, I was put on heparin, then Coumadin. Doctor tried warfarin but it made me really sick. It caused a very painful swollen upper right of abdomen. I stayed on Coumadin for 6 months. After 10 days I was able to walk the dog again and drive short distances. I see both heart and lung specialists once a year and all seems to be fine. From reading other blogs I see that I am not your typical PE patient..