Ovarian Cancer - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ovarian Cancer.
Please describe your experience with ovarian cancer.

Published: June 26

I am a 53 year old woman, postmenopausal 2 years. I had constipation, frequent urination, leg pain (Charlie horses), mild bloating or feeling like something was in my abdomen but non-palpable, and general feeling of unease and tiredness. I woke up at 3 am with severe pain. I went to the emergency room where right pelvic mass was found. I had been diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) one year before. Final diagnosis was ovarian cancer low grade pT2a, negative omentum/nodes/washings with NED (no evidence of disease) on CT scan prior to chemotherapy. Pre-surgery CA 125 was 464. Post-surgery pre chemotherapy CA 125 was 5 and post-chemotherapy 2 CA 125 was 3. I was allergic to Taxotere and discontinued it after anaphylaxis. First I tried switching to Doxel. I had anaphylaxis again so now I am on carboplatin alone. I am going into 3rd chemotherapy..