Bee and Wasp Sting - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bee and Wasp Stings.
Please describe your experience with Bee and Wasp Sting.

I was mowing the lawn and suddenly felt a searing pain on the lower part of my left leg, about four inches above my ankle. I instinctively swatted it and saw that it was a black wasp with yellow stripes. I finished mowing the lawn and put some ice on it, and took a 24 hour Allegra. The next day, my foot puffed up from my lower leg, to my ankle, to my toes. I took 2 Benadryl, which just made me sleepy and didn't help with the swelling much. I finally called my doctor and he prescribed a steroid to take over 6 days. Next time I mow the lawn I'm wearing pants and bug repellant!.

I was mowing the grass and disturbed a wasp nest. I was stung multiple times on the ankles, hip, and inner thigh. I applied baking soda paste, and took Tylenol and Benadryl. The pain went away in several hours, however, I had immense itching. I applied cortisone, which helped. However, it has been approximately six days since I was stung and was awakened by the extreme itching. I have again applied cortisone and took Benadryl. I was hoping this would be gone by day 6. I have no allergic reaction, however, very local reaction..