Mouth and Throat Cancer - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cancer of the Mouth and Throat.
What was the treatment for your mouth and throat cancer?

Published: December 03

I have had cancer of the throat and mouth 2 times, first treated by radiation, and 2nd, surgery with the da-Vinci robot. I am 7 months out from that and had to go back under the knife to remove the bad scar to the tongue and jaw; that was November 24, 2015. I'm going in the morning to have the stiches removed and I hope for the best so I can start eating again. I have not eaten food by mouth since May 1, 2015. I'm living on a feeding tube. As of this last surgery I've had over 30 major surgeries, from heart, back 4 times, neck 3 times, pacemaker, throat, mouth, full teeth removal and many more. Doctors say I am a walking miracle..

Published: December 01

In 2005 I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in the base of tongue, which had spread to lymph nodes in the neck. I had a lot of radiation, 8 weeks 5 times a week and 2 doses of chemotherapy. At 5 years I was declared cancer free, yeah. Well I was just diagnosed with cancer on one side of my throat, early detection. I think I cannot have any more radiation, but I did beat stage 4 and this has not spread, so I am hopeful after doing some reading up, wish me luck. I will do whatever I have to in order to beat it. I never did put my weight all back on, I was 215 lb., a body builder, and I now weigh 155..