Anemia - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Anemia.
For anemia, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

I have chronic anemia. However, after heavy menstrual bleeding for 25 days, I fell under the extreme anemic category. I was .9 away from a transfusion. My symptoms at their worst were inability to get out of bed, dizziness even while sitting and while walking, legs felt like I was walking through water, struggled with cognitive thinking, could not focus my eyes, and always felt like I had run a marathon or two every day. I have been taking 90 mg of iron for about two weeks now and some symptoms have lessened but none is gone. Some days are still really rough I can barely get through the day. Good luck to all..

Before I was diagnosed with anemia, I only began to think something was wrong with me when my fingers starting shaking when I pointed them or my hand shook when I held my hand out. I thought it was a little weird, I felt out of breath when walking up stairs because my weight was considered low normal range and I didn't have asthma..