Anemia - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Anemia.
For anemia, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

I found out I was anemic after seeking medical care for chronic heavy bleeding during periods. My symptoms have included dizziness, heart palpitations, fatigue, and shortness of breath. Currently, my blood count is 9. I'm concerned that it may drop lower before my surgery, and I may need a transfusion. I've also had ice cravings and frequent headaches..

I went to my doctor for a physical and found out I was anemic. It explains the reason I came home from a business trip absolutely exhausted. I could not move the next day. Also I have had two terrible dizzy spells in the past three months that have knocked me off my feet. I thought all these symptoms were caused by stress or even depression. I am looking forward to getting it "fixed" so I feel better and get my energy back..