PTSD - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Please describe your experience with PTSD.

I suffered a traumatic work related event in 1994 which resulted in me losing my job, my family, my house and financial investments. I was in a state of deep shock and was unable to think rationally. I didn't receive immediate treatment for PTSD (posttraumatic stress disorder) as I didn't know how the incident had affected me. It was only during the following 20 years that I discovered a fear of the workplace and I had difficulty in keeping a job. Only in 2015 did I begin receiving psychological therapy but the damage is severe. There is also a link to my childhood..

Published: March 04

I was on the city bus near downtown when three men attempted to drag me off the bus. They eventually stripped my clothes off and raped me in front of about thirty 'bystanders'. I am grey haired, elderly and have scars (operation and baby stretch marks). They also stole my purse (ID photos, etc.) and showed back up at my home a few days later and made another attempt to kidnap me from the parking lot (a genuine hero did stop them this time before they dragged me away in a blue car). This was three months ago and now is the first time in my life I have been suicidal with unrelenting depression because of PTSD (posttraumatic stress disorder)..