Breast Lumps In Women - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Breast Lumps and Pain.
Please describe the diagnosis of the breast lumps in your breast(s).

I am reading this because I never thought that this would be something to worry about. So for living with the right side nipple hurting for 6 months I finally decided to get it looked at by my doctor during an annual. I had a mammogram the next morning with three lumps and the 2 doctors are trying to schedule a surgery as soon as possible. The wife is having a hard time wrapping her head around this and we're not even sure what to tell the kids (still in grade school). Something they don't prepare you for..

Published: April 28

I've got a mass in my right breast; I first noticed it about 1 or 2 months ago and it didn't hurt, but now it's sore. Well, actually it first showed up a few years ago, was really small and went away, but now it is back and bigger. The mammogram and ultrasound didn't show much as the tissue inside my breasts was too dense, but my obstetrician/gynecologist had me go see a specialist anyway. She had me get a mammogram and ultrasound again this time, and now wants me to go see a breast specialist again. Better safe than sorry I suppose..