Breast Lumps In Women - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Breast Lumps and Pain.
Please describe the diagnosis of the breast lumps in your breast(s).

Published: April 28

I've got a mass in my right breast; I first noticed it about 1 or 2 months ago and it didn't hurt, but now it's sore. Well, actually it first showed up a few years ago, was really small and went away, but now it is back and bigger. The mammogram and ultrasound didn't show much as the tissue inside my breasts was too dense, but my obstetrician/gynecologist had me go see a specialist anyway. She had me get a mammogram and ultrasound again this time, and now wants me to go see a breast specialist again. Better safe than sorry I suppose..

I recently had an appointment with my GYN and she said my uterus was enlarged and she wanted me to have an ultrasound on that and a mammogram (since I had not had one up to this point). Well the ultrasound shows a tumor on my uterus and the mammogram just came back with masses in both breasts. I am absolutely terrified right now, but I can’t say anything to my husband or my kids (adults) because I don't want them to worry needlessly. I go back to the imaging center next week for sonogram on the breasts, and then back to the GYN the following week to decide if the uterus tumor can be biopsied in her office or if it needs to be in hospital. I’m having a hard time pretending everything is normal when I’m so scared..