Gout - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gout.
Please describe your experience with gout.

The symptom of my gout was that my middle finger was hot, stiff and very painful and I couldn’t bend it at all..

I'm pretty healthy. I’m from the U.K. and I’m in the U.K. system for seeing a Doctor. Healthcare is terrible here. There are no home visits, and telephone appointments are scheduled two weeks out.Even though I pay national insurance. It did me no good so I booked MRI and blood test privately 9 months ago. The results showed gout, a swollen prostate, and high cholesterol. I sent a copy to my doctor with a letter.He didn’t even reply. I'm now in bed with intense pain in my right knee. The UK system is for weekend alcoholics who get drunk, fight and clutter emergency A and E, not to mention these are people who usually don't contribute..