Colitis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Colitis.
What was the treatment for your colitis?

My doctor first sent me to a hematologist in an attempt to find out what was causing my diarrhea and weight loss. After several blood tests and CT scans he finally concluded I had some form of chronic disease and sent me for a colonoscopy. That was December 28, 2014. Seems there was some injury to the colon as it was extremely thin. After recovering from that test, I was greeted by a surgeon who said he must operate immediately to repair the colon. So far no one has told me what type of colitis I have..

Published: April 28

I started eating salmon and pool exercise at the same time. After two weeks I had intense stomach pain and thought it was due to the pool! Colitis, it was. I took 2 antibiotics for 10 days and the pain left most of my stomach but has intensified near my gallbladder. The emergency room doctor says to wait till I see my doctor. Go figure! Yes, I quit eating fish for now!.