Lupus - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus).
The symptoms of lupus can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

My early symptom at the age of 16 was joint pain. It felt like I was sleeping under an air conditioner and was very stiff. My mother has lupus, which made it easier to diagnose. My biggest flare up now is skin rash from the sun. It was most prevalent during my pregnancies. I have a wonderful doctor who has kept me healthy with the right mixture of drugs. I am now 36 with two healthy children and a wonderful husband who supports me..

At the onset of my lupus, the only symptom I had was joint pain. Each morning, I'd wake up with pain in a different joint. One day, my wrist, the next day my knee, then my fingers, my elbow, etc. The pain would last all day, and it didn't matter if I took Tylenol or Advil or anything. It was there until I woke up the next morning with a different sore joint..