Osteoarthritis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Osteoarthritis.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

I have a large pituitary tumor. MRI's have shown it growing for 15 years, yet I don't believe I have ever had a growth hormone test (GH). My spine is in a state of advanced and severe degeneration. I have pigment dysfunction; problems with epithelial cells, cancer left ventricular hypertrophy, hands and feet that have grown, as well as nose, nose bridge, forehead, tooth spacing and many other things. I am now accidentally biting my lip very often and very hard, accidentally while chewing, because of a bit of misalignment in my jaw. My feet are badly deformed and are arthritic. There are tumors under them. I have many skin growths. I have severe muscle problems and joint pains. I believe I have acromegaly because the tumor is over 1 cm. My spine is killing me with severe and advanced degeneration and a very severe curve, but I don't think the majority of Canadian doctors know a thing about acromegaly and from what I've witnessed so far, many of them also don't have the time to learn about it. I haven't seen an endocrinologist in years and have never been to a rheumatologist in my entire life. In spite of the fact that I have proof of all of this on all the reports and MRI's, I am absolutely forbidden from getting a handicap placard. In fact, the very request made my doctor scream and scream at the top of his lungs for a good 5 minutes. He was so mad I asked for one because he didn't think I was as crippled as most people with handicap stickers, even with all of these things -- yet oddly enough, I have rarely even seen a person at those handicap spots even so much as limp. I tried to find out how much training Canadian doctors had to get in order to renew their licenses each year, but this information is rather hidden from the public -- or maybe I should say "worded in a way that no one can ever tell for sure." I think they should be required to take some kind of upgrading course every year, like ministers who have to pay a fortune to prove they are qualified before they can upgrade..

About a year ago I had a total hip collapse. I fell on the floor and couldn't walk. Soon I will be able to get my MRI. (It takes about 9 to 12 months to get one in Canada). I had one about 7 years ago and it showed severe and advanced spinal degeneration. I also have a growing pituitary tumor as mentioned earlier. It's now over a centimeter. Soon I will get an MRI but they are only going to look at the bottom third of the spine. I'm worried about the choking and heart attack feelings I get from the middle of the spine though too (sometimes so hard I can hardly breathe for several minutes) as well as the severe neck pain, because there were problems in those areas 7 years ago too. I can't figure out why the MRI isn't taken of the entire spine. Doesn't it build up health care costs when each third of the spine has to be photographed one by one? After I get the results, it could take up to 15 months before I get to see a neurologist (usually 12 but I think it's longer these days) in Alberta..