MRSA - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about MRSA.
What was the treatment for your MRSA?

I still have MRSA. It started on my fingernails and seven years later I have it on all my toes, legs, arms, and back. I'm not on any antibiotics even though I have been on them in the past few months. At this time I have been to wound care and my legs and toes are being wrapped and I am getting somewhat better. I have diabetes so I have been in danger of losing my toes. I have lost my hair and that is horrible for me. I have been to so many doctors that I can't remember their names. This has been the worst thing I have ever gone through. I went to hospital with ketoacidosis and ended up with double pneumonia, infection in stomach and bowels. I had two transfusions and other medical problems. If anyone knows how to cure MRSA please tell me because I can't keep going on. This may seem like a made up story, but I have been through agony and am very scared I will never be better. Each day is a struggle. I can't drive because my feet are wrapped, so I am stuck in my house. I was in hospital in February for 10 days, and a lot of the time in intensive care. I'm not saying I blame it all on MRSA, it weakened my body. I had ketoacidosis..

My son was diagnosed with MRSA almost 3 years ago. He has had breakout after breakouts. Each time he has been given antibiotics, stuff to put up his nose, etc. Nothing has worked. While on a three- month antibiotic regimen, he broke out in his armpit. Now after only being clear for about a month and a half he has an open sore on his forearm and another one forming two inches below that. When we go to the doctor this time and if the course of treatment does not change I will be taking him to an infectious disease specialist. This is ridiculous..