Staph Infection - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Staph Infection (Staphylococcus Infection).
Please describe your experience with a staph infection.

On Sunday June 26, 2016 I stepped out of my garden and a 25 lb garden brick fell on my lower right leg and scraped the skin off pretty badly. I was already on medications from the dentist so I figured it would be fine. Now a week later it is majorly infected with MRSA/staph. Now my medical doctor has me on two different antibiotics. It is very painful. I go back to see him on July 12 to see if I will need to be admitted into the hospital or not. This is some serious stuff! All I can do now is hope that my leg heals!.

Published: June 03

I am the caregiver to my husband, who is fighting pancreatic cancer and heart problems. Two weeks ago I awoke with what I thought was a bite on my torso at my rib cage. When my husband saw it he thought it was a boil, but I put tea tree oil on it and thought it would dry up. In a week it began to drain, with a bloody pus, and eventually dried up. But, two days later, it again filled with pus, turned red and burned. Being Memorial Day weekend, I decided to go to the doctor, instead of suffer for another 4 days. She lanced it and sent a culture off for diagnosis. At that time she put me on Keflex Pulvule 500 MG. The next Tuesday, she emailed me telling me I had Staphylococcus epidermidis and that the Keflex would not work, she was putting me on doxycycline hyclate 100 MG for the next 10 days. I have no idea how I picked this up, but consider myself very lucky I went to the doctor when I did..