Concussion - Medical Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Concussion.
What was the treatment for your concussion?

Published: December 17

I was injured at work in 2014. I got knocked out for a few minutes, and got up very slow to get my bearings. I hit my left shoulder, had numbness all the way down to hand. It got ice cold and felt like it was bleeding. I hurt my left ribs, and the back of my head hit the ground. My neck snapped forward and I saw a flash and was out for a bit. I went to the emergency room after months of doctor visits, and was diagnosed with a slight tear in left shoulder, neck and head trauma, and post-concussion syndrome. I had an epidural shot in my neck. I wish I had never had it done, after medicines wore off it hurt awfully. After 1 year I had surgery on my left shoulder. My neck and head are still messed up, I have major neck pain, headaches, and shortness of breath. At times it feels like I can’t catch my breath and I feel stuck..

When I was sent to the medical center the doctor only asked me if I lost consciousness. I told him no, and he dismissed the problem of a concussion. I now have a dizziness and have a problem keeping my balance..