Sciatica - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sciatica.
Please describe your experience with sciatica.

I have been having nerve pain in my ankle for almost 3 years now. All of a sudden, I have a sciatica pinched nerve and it triggers all the way down to my calf on my right side. It is starting at my lower right butt cheek and my back. It makes me so tired and I have serious trouble sleeping at night. I am exhausted. I use heat and ice packs. The ice slows down the pain very little. I started going to the chiropractor but it’s not helping. I need advice and how to make this thing go away. I will do anything at this point and I can't take NSAID anti-inflammatory medicines..

My husband had total knee replacement 3 months ago. Knee is well, no pain. However he has had pins and needles sensation in the bottom of his foot ever since the surgery. He was sent for an EMG and finding was damage to the sciatica nerve. He was given two blocks before surgery, one in front of leg and one in the sciatica in back of the leg. Doctor says pain in the bottom of the foot will go away in time..