Sciatica - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sciatica.
Please describe your experience with sciatica.

During my nursing career I received Chiropractic care for chronic sciatica. Needless to say I received immediate relief after only one Chiropractic Adjustment. Resultantly I became a Doctor of Chiropractic now I can give the same relief to my patients. My order for care is: Chiropractic 1st Drugs 2nd Surgery LAST.

My experience lasted approximately one year. During this time I was treated and medicated by my GP as well as a specialist, orthopedic neurosurgeon & various sessions physical therapy. I had reached the end of my tether in terms of pain and decided to go to a biokinestist who taught me various exercises and ways of stretching & strengthening the core, back and leg muscles. I went through these routines faithfully as well as changed my bed to a more firm one and now I am without pain. Some days I do get pain but it’s manageable and I certainly will not recommend surgery until each and every avenue exhausted, especially massage..