Sciatica - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sciatica.
Please describe your experience with sciatica.

I pulled a muscle in my groin/thigh pretty bad about a month ago. It got to the point where I would feel my left leg tighten if I walked even just around the grocery store. And it made my buttock cheeks feel like they were on fire just by sitting for 10 minutes! I saw my doctor twice for this and all she told me to do was ice and ibuprofen. That didn't help at all, I knew it was more than a pulled muscle. So then I started seeing a chiropractor a week ago. He said I definitely pulled the sciatic nerve. I have had 2 sessions so far and my buttock cheeks don't feel like they're on fire anymore so that's improvement. Hoping things continue to improve!.

I have been misdiagnosed years ago with tendinitis in my feet and ankles. I started noticing my pain in my back and calves. Everything kept getting worse. I could not walk after physical therapy. I finally got an MRI and have a bulging disc and arthritis, and narrowed canals. I got cortisone shots for my sciatica. I found some relief for only a week and now I am worse!.