Plantar Warts - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts.
What were the symptoms of your plantar warts?

Published: March 21

I had not had a wart anywhere for 40 years until my wife developed one. About two or three months later I developed first one, then three on my left foot and one on the right. Apparently they can be transmitted by walking on the same floor as someone with warts. She had tried all the patent salicylic acid home remedies with no luck. She became frustrated and tried to cut it off resulting in a serious staph infection and weeks of treatment by a dermatologist. I have tried Dr. Scholl's over the counter freezing treatment about seven applications over three months with no result other than tenderness in the area of treatment..