Diarrhea - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Diarrhea.
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your diarrhea?

I have been struggling with diarrhea since 1995. I have visited several gastro specialists to no avail. Aside from watching my diet, I began taking 625 mg of Welchol twice a day. I now have my life back. I have regular-formed stools and no accidents before reaching a bathroom. I also take Imodium after a spell if I forgot to take a dose of the Welchol. Before Welchol, I spent most of my days in the bathroom and was always fearful of an accident when leaving home. Following a nice meal away from home was always a concern because it was almost always followed with diarrhea within 15 minutes or so. I am very, very thankful for this medicine. I hope this helps someone out there..

Published: December 28

What is most important in your Diarrhea prophylaxis is to replace as soon as possible the electrolytes (minerals and salts that affect the quantity of water that can be found in your organism; they also control other important functions such as muscle activity) and the fluid that you have lost in the past days. They are vital for your organism’s well functioning. Although consuming plenty of fluids (water) is highly important in the effective prevention of the symptoms that are caused by dehydration, simple water cannot help you with your electrolyte imbalance. .