Allergic Reaction - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Allergic Reaction.
Please describe your experience with an allergic reaction.

I have allergies, sneezing, itchy eyes, etc., but I also have a severe allergic reaction to something that occurs in the fall. The most recent attack began with hives around my eyes. Later I began to feel dizzy and ran into a few things in the house. That was followed by severe dizziness and feelings of vertigo. Next I began to sweat profusely and asked my daughter to help me to the bathroom. I was nauseated and my bowels evacuated involuntarily. I was still dizzy, but felt better after bowel movement. My daughter left, but about 5:00 am the next morning, all of the symptoms were back and I was scared. I had my phone and was able to call my neighbor who called an ambulance. My neighbor told them it was anaphylactic shock. When EMTs (emergency medical technicians) arrived, they said they had never heard of my symptoms as part of anaphylactic shock and when I got to the emergency room, they said the same thing and gave me a prescription for anti-nausea medicine and an anti-dizziness prescription. What did I say wrong!.

Published: April 14

I develop pus filled bumps on my fingers usually, and when it is really bad the bumps will form on my toes, hands, and feet. No pain in the area, it just itches sometimes. It happens when I drink certain juices, and not every time. I saw a doctor regarding the situation and she stated it was allergies..