Dental Abscess - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Dental Abscess.
Please describe your experience with dental abscess.

I have been having pain on and off with my tooth for a while now. Well, three days ago the pain came back worse than ever with half my face swollen. I went to the emergency room and they gave me pain killers and antibiotics and told me to get to a dentist but I have been hearing that they can’t do anything since my tooth is infected..

I just recently had gone to the dentist for a broken tooth that got infected. They put me on an antibiotic called Clindamycin, which I was to take three times a day until gone. The pain subsided a little, then came back with vengeance and worse than it was before. I went back to dentist and once more they gave me the same antibiotics. .