Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid) - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid).
What were the symptoms of your chalazion?

I applied some new nighttime eye cream around my eyes before going to bed. I must have rubbed my eyes because I remember my one eye stung a little bit, but not too much, so I wiped it with a washcloth and went to sleep. The next day I woke up with what I thought was a sty on my eye. I realized it would probably go away. After a month it just seemed to gradually get a bit bigger. After a few months, I realized it was not a sty, as any sty I have ever had has gone away after applying a warm washcloth. I looked into it online, and realized that it had to be a chalazion. I suppose I will have to go to a doctor, but I just thought that since I am a healthy person, that it was no big deal. At this point, I have had this for three months and it is time to go in and have it looked at by a doctor who specializes in this. It is started to feel sore, and it seems to be getting bigger one day, smaller the next. I am tired of it, so I am going to probably call the doctor tomorrow to see what can be done..