Perforated Eardrum - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Perforated Eardrum.
Please describe your experience with perforated eardrum.

Published: June 27

He couldn't say whether my perforated eardrum was due to a virus or bacteria, but gave me a prescription for 875 amoxicillin. On way to the drugstore, my ear started bleeding (a lot I thought for an ear) but the shooting pains did stop; mostly. I'm hoping 24 hours on the antibiotic will help and the other ear which is making some movement will not join..

Published: March 23

The pain was initially unbearable due to sharp impulses that shot across the back of my ear, then along the jawline (internally), and finally eased at the throat. I could barely swallow; and burping was a nightmare. It felt like I had some air trapped in my ear. The sensation was rather awful with bursts of what felt like slight paralysis across my right (face) every now and then. I mistook all this for either an air or water trap in my ear. It got better with time though; and after a thorough doctor's consultation a tympanic membrane rupture was confirmed..