Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
How was your Rocky Mountain spotted fever treated?

Published: March 22

I got 2 ticks off the back of my neck. I didn't pay it any mind, ticks were a normal part of summer or so I thought. I worked out of town with this sickness for 2 weeks before I got in to see the doctor. I thought I had the flu or that my blood pressure had gone through the roof, I felt like my head was going to explode. I lost all of my balance and I had gotten slurred speech and was sweating like I was inside a solid heater. I thought I was going to die. Well, now after the treatment for Rocky Mountain spotted fever I cannot be in direct sunlight. It feels like my brain is swelling up in my skull, I start slurring my speech and am ready to pass out. It makes me sick for days if I get too hot. A migraine headache can't touch what it does to me. So obviously I didn't seek treatment soon enough. Now I cannot work because of this and hopefully Social Security Disability office will see what it's done to me and take it for what it is. A deadly disease that could kill or at times wish you did die. Yes it is that bad..