Tinnitus - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tinnitus (Ringing in the Ears).
Please describe your experience with tinnitus.

Published: December 10

I am a retired soldier who was exposed to a lot of firing of small as well as heavy weapons without any ear protection kit. For the last couple of years there is a ringing noise especially at nights when it is calm outside. Recently my sleep is quite disturbed although I have been regularly taking Ativan table 1 mg every night for last couple of years. When the effect of this tablet decreases I start dreaming quite bad and do not feel fresh when I wake up. I need an expert opinion how to cope up. All my life I have been suffering from allergic rhinitis and keep using nasal sprays for post nasal drip..

Published: December 01

My tinnitus started on 1/7/2010 at 7:37 am. I woke and my ears started to ring; it was and is a constant tone. A sound generator online sets it at 5225 Hz. I have it 24 hours a day and take Ambien and 6 night time sleep aids to give me approximately 6 hours of sleep..