Tinnitus - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tinnitus.
Please describe your experience with tinnitus.

I was first diagnosed with tinnitus 30 years ago after having a TIA. There was no known damage. Periodically under some stress, I would have ringing of the ears. In the past 6 months I have had this happen more frequently. My hearing is good for my age of 82, however when I go to see my doctor next month I will ask for the special examination to see if there is an underlying cause at this time. Thanks for your thorough info I see the importance of finding out..

In 2007 I was hit in the side of my head and my arms were crushed by a machine that came down on me with 2500 lbs. I was in there for more than an hour and a half. In the hospital, they were telling me it was the morphine causing my head to hurt, then I started to hear water running. Now it sounds like air or someone taking a shower in the next room. I'm still fighting with the insurance company..