Gastroenteritis (Stomach Flu) - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastroenteritis (Stomach Flu).
How long did the symptoms of your gastroenteritis (stomach flu) last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Published: June 05

My gastroenteritis started at 5 am on a Tuesday and ended 4 am the following Wednesday. I mostly had severe vomiting and a low grade fever with diarrhea. I could not hold any liquids and Emetrol did not help the nausea at all. Worst stuff I have had in years! Today, after the worst is over, I am very weak and not at all hungry. I am mostly just drinking tea and broth..

Published: April 10

My symptoms of gastroenteritis lasted about 3 days. I was in so much pain that I went to the hospital and they gave me an IV drip of morphine and nausea medicines. I thought I was dying, the abdominal pain was the worst I have had in my life. And the diarrhea was nonstop. Then as fast as it came on it was gone; amazing!.